I am needing some help with an eviction but the home doesnt…

Customer Question
I am needing some...

I am needing some help with an eviction but the home doesnt belong to them

Lawyer's Assistant: Because real estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Missiesippi

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

Yes go to court thurs l

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

No i can explain more thanks

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Legal
3/12/2018
Lawyer: Legal Eagle, Lawyer replied 5 months ago
Legal Eagle, Lawyer

Hello! I am a licensed attorney, admitted to practice in state and federal court. I have a nearly 100% satisfaction rating (click here for more info) so all that means is that you can count on me to help today.

Please keep in mind that our conversation does not include an attorney-client relationship and this is for general information purposes only. What specific questions did you have? I have an idea about your situation, but I don’t want to make any assumptions.

ok ill give u a lil backgroud

Thanks!

i moved in a home nov 2017 with someone and was going to purchase the home for 2000 i paid 1000 of it n was suppose to pay rest income tax well i found out right before i paid her she lied and forged a bill of sale
i looked into she til it home was a mexicans he moved they just a did bill of sale well come to find out my home was listed in 2015 as moved to newton ms someone bought it n they said moved it

If I can clarify: so you entered into an agreement with someone to purchase a home that you had moved into, but they forged a bill of sale and in fact sold it to someone else, correct?

what happen was they gave the wrong trailer title to someone n he moved a trailer ut it showed as mine i later found him and he is willing to giv me the title but we have to be in court thurs shes trying to evict me
correct
she and i have rec. for an 89 frontier but my home is an 80 redman
i explained to the man that moved his trailer n he agree to give the the title to my home. my question is will she will this being i now have the title or what happens
no she didnt sell it to someone someone bought another trailer by mine and they gave him the tile to my trailer

I see. I'm having a bit of trouble understanding because of the typographical errors. I'm guessing you are on the phone so it's okay, but please be patient while we sort this out. If it's easier for us to have a phone call, I strongly recommend it.

So, your'e saying that she sold you the trailer first, but gave away the title to a neighbor, correct?

she lived here before me with a bill of sale but i found out it was forged n that she avtually didnt own it the title is in someone elses name
no

Ok, I see. So, she didn't have the proper title. Someone else owned the home before her, she was living there and sold it to you, now the person with the actual title wants the property back?

far the basics but he said he would just sign title over to me after i explained it to him. he bought trailer n they gave him the wrong title
he doesnt want trailer my thing is with us going to eviction court thurs how will that wrk

Ok, so is she the one initiating the eviction?

I see. So, if she never had the right to rent you the place, then she doesn't have the authority to evict. My recommendation is to have the person who actually holds the title come to court and appear as a witness that they are the ones who are the actual title holders. Basically, you'll be arguing that the agreement is unenforceable because she did not have the authority to enter into the agreement.

You may also want to consider a countersuit for fraud. Basically, fraudulent misrepresentation is when someone intentionally makes material statement or makes a material omission that induces someone else to enter into an agreement.

Does that make sense/ What other questions did you have for me about this?

ok so one more question

Sure, go ahead!

ok so she has no grounds for eviction even if she was told it was wrong home im sure she knew but just incase
as long i have actual owner there im ok correct

You got it. The actual owner is the one who even has the authority to do anything; this current person does not. In fact, the current owner can actually sue your current landlord for fraud for trying to rent out their property.

Did you have any other questions for me about this today?

no thanks

Excellent. I'm glad we could work this out.

Unless you have additional questions, there’s just a few other things I’d like you to know before we wrap up this conversation:

1. Could you look on your screen and provide me a star rating? 5-stars are always appreciated.

2. You can save me as a favorite if you would like.

3. For your benefit, you can also click here in the future to request me individually.

4. Don’t forget, if you haven’t already, you can always sign up for a membership with Just Answer and start asking more questions for cheap.

5. Don’t forget to tell your friends about justanswer.com!