If I'm selling my house "as is" is a warranty deed still…

Customer Question
If I'm selling my...

If I'm selling my house "as is" is a warranty deed still issued or does the title company have to issue a QC deed instead

Lawyer's Assistant: Because real estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Illinois

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

No. The closing is in a couple of hours

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

No thank you

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Legal
Answered in 1 minute by:
3/12/2018
Lawyer: Richard, Attorney replied 3 months ago
Richard, Attorney

Hi! My name is Richard & I will be helping you today! It will take me a few minutes to type a response to your question. Thanks for your patience!

Good morning. You would still be required to deliver a warranty deed. The warranty deed does not warrant the condition of the house; rather, the warranty deed is simply warranting to your buyer that you have clear title to the property. That's separate and distinct from your agreement with the buyer regarding the actual condition of the house.

Thank you so much for allowing me to help you with your question. I have done my best to provide information which fully addresses your question. If you have any follow up questions, please ask! If I have fully answered your question(s) to your satisfaction, I would appreciate you rating my service as Good or Excellent (i.e., 4 or 5 stars)(hopefully Excellent/5 stars!). Otherwise, I receive no credit for assisting you today. I thank you in advance for taking the time to provide me a positive rating!