I need some advice concerning dental malpractrice. North…

Customer Question
I need some advice...

I need some advice concerning dental malpractrice

Lawyer's Assistant: Can you tell me what state this is in? And do you have copies of the medical records?

North carolina and there some medical records

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

Well my 50 year old son ended up in the hospital with an infection

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

My son went back to the dentist who pulled his wisdom teeth two times and they said there was no porblem

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Legal
3/12/2018
Lawyer: legalgems, Lawyer replied 5 months ago
legalgems
legalgems, Lawyer

Hello! I will be reviewing your question and posting a response momentarily; if you have any follow up questions please respond here. Thanks!

Hello; I am sorry to hear your son is having problems with the extraction.

Dental malpractice is based on the common law theory of negligence. What this means is that the defendant owes a duty of care to the plaintiff and that defendant did not exercise the requisite duty of care, and that such negligence resulted in reasonably foreseeable and proximately caused damages to the plaintiff.

So if the infection was due to the defendant's negligence (as opposed to a possible known and disclosed side effect of the extraction) then the plaintiff may sue. Damages may include:

actual medical costs incurred

pain and suffering

punitive damages designed to punish defendant and deter third parties from similar misconduct.

Hello; just checking in on the above.
If you have further questions please post here and I will do my best to get you the requested information.
Otherwise
kindly rate positively (hopefully you feel I have earned 5 stars) to help maintain my high customer satisfaction score and so I know you were satisfied with my services.

The above information is for educational purposes only. An attorney in one's jurisdiction can be located at https://www.americanbar.org/groups/legal_services/flh-home.html
Thank you.