Is the american marriage ministries real? North carlina. No…

Is the american marriage...

Is the american marriage ministries real?

Lawyer's Assistant: Because family law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

North carlina

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

No just looking into it i want to be able to marry people & this seams to be real but want to be sure

3/12/2018

There are some courts that hold that the American Marriage Ministries marriages are void and not valid. It varies from state to state. See: http://www.americanmarriageministries.com/

Unlike Universal Life Church, that has a religious philosophy or tenant, the AMM has been held to not hold such tenants.

thank you

Thank you for your reply.

Please do not forget to leave positive feedback by clicking on the 5 stars at the top of your page, as the experts are not employees of the site and get no credit for spending time with customers unless they leave positive feedback. Thank you.

that did not tell me if amm is ok in n.c.

Thank you for your reply.

The NC Court has not specifically ruled on the AMM, they have held that ULC ministers can perform marriages. IF the wedding is challenged based on the above court ruling claiming AMM has no religious philosophy, then the NC court would not support AMM ability to marry in NC.

Under NC law, there are only two groups who can legally marry somebody. First, an ordained minister of any religious denomination (or a minister authorized by a church)can create a valid marriage. Second, if a person prefers to have a secular or non-religious ceremony, a magistrate judge can also create a valid marriage. The DC Court ruling found AMM is not a "religious denomination" like the ULC is and as such, since the NC court has not ruled specifically on AMM, there is a risk that the AMM will not be accepted in NC (but again, no court ruling exists in NC to base that on).

thank you; I don't think I will take a change on marrying someone & them not be legally married.

Thank you for your reply.

As I said, the court in NC has approved marriages by the other online ministry, ULC, so you may want to look them up too.