Landlord tenant dispute. Ohio

Customer Question
Landlord tenant dispute Lawyer's...

Landlord tenant dispute

Lawyer's Assistant: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state the property is in?

Ohio

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

No

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Legal
3/12/2018
Lawyer: KLAW, Lawyer replied 4 months ago
KLAW
KLAW, Lawyer
Good afternoon. I am a legal expert attorney who will assist you today.
Please give me more details about your question.
In Oct my floor srarted severely bowing. I contacred landlord as soon as I noticed. She told me I would have to call a general contracter hire him and pay have it fixed. WHAT!? I went to the on site maintenance guy. He told me he was explicitly told not to look at my floor. Contacted landlord again. She told me either I could fix it now or when I move out. I've rented here for 9 years and never had any problems. Finally in early Jan. they fixed my floor after my brother contacted her and threatened legal action. 1 month later my rent was raised from 385$-410$.
Do you have a current lease?
What state are you located?
M -M lease. I live in Ohio
Ok, I will work on your answer
Since they fixed the flooring and did not charge you, as required under the law, you do not have an issue for rental overcharge.There is no government control over rents in Ohio (rent control), except in subsidized housing programs.If your apartment is a market rent house, and the lease expired then you are a month to month tenant.In the case of a month-to-month rental the landlord must give a full 30 days notice before increasing rent.It can be increased to any level, because there is no rent regulations or laws to stop the increase. It is based upon the market.I hope this clarifies. Please don’t forget to rate the question with stars. We as attorneys are not employees of Just Answer and are not paid unless you rate the question with stars
Retaliatory rent increase is legal in Ohio?