My husband would like to re-finance and because I am in a…

Hi Pearl, My...

Hi Pearl, My husband would like to re-finance and because I am in a debt relief program my credit is not great. So he wants to take my name off of the mo. I'm just not comfortable with that, would it effect my security. We will be married 26 years in May

Lawyer's Assistant: What state is this in? And when did the issue begin?

MA and we are just discussing the refi option

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

As far a re-fi, no

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

No, I would just like to know if this is a good idea, My gut say no

Answered in 1 minute by:
3/12/2018
LegalKnowledge, Attorney

Hi! I will be the professional that will be helping you today. I look forward to providing you with information to help with your question and concern

Good morning. Would you remain on the title?

I'm not sure. Is there a difference?
thank you for the reply. There is nothing wrong with him refinancing the loan and being solely on title. If anything it may be better for you since you would not be liable for payment if something were to happen. As long as you are on title to the home you will have a clear legal right and interest in it. Moreover, even if you were not, unless you relinquished you right and interest in it this would still be considered a marital asset which you wokkd share in if divorced.
would.
Thank you!

You are welcome. Please let me know if there is anything else, as I would be happy to respond. If not, please remember to rate my help at this time at the top of this page, prior to leaving, so I can receive the proper credit, for our time together. A 5 STAR rating is greatly appreciated. Thank you.

LegalKnowledge, Attorney