I was backing in to public storage and bum a entry gate with…

I was backing in...

I was backing in to public storage and bum a entry gate with a punch system to enter with your code. Do I need to file a police report? This was in Florida

Lawyer's Assistant: Since laws vary from place to place, what state is this in? And when did this happen?

Orlando, Florida Saturday March 10,2018

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

No I was not sure if I needed to because it was on prive protery

This was on private property at a local Pubic storage unit. The gate was working when we left.
3/12/2018

Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.

If this happened on private property, then no police report is required unless you have a commercial drivers license. Furthermore, if no damage was done to the gate, there is no reason for any police report even if it were not on private property. If there was damage to the gate, then you have to file a crash report with FL DMV within 10 days on your own, no police report because it was on private property and no injury or death resulted.

Please do not forget to leave positive feedback by clicking on the 5 stars at the top of your page, as the experts are not employees of the site and get no credit for spending time with customers unless they leave positive feedback. Thank you.

As I said the gate was working (Saturday) but yesterday the gate was left open, I was told it stop working. Its strange because it had let 10 plus cars in while I was in my unit for a few hours. Should I contact my insurance people?

Thank you for your reply.

You said ONLY the gate was working when you left on Saturday, you said nothing at all about it not working on Sunday.

If it was working on Saturday when you left and then it stopped working later and the gate is damaged where you hit the gate, YES, you should contact your insurance company and they will fight it out with the storage facility if the storage facility is claiming you caused the damage.

Outstanding, thanks

Thank you.