My wife has had her application for a Card on file for two…

My wife has had...

My wife has had her application for a Green Card on file for two years without a decision from the government. We have been told she should not leave the USA while the application is pending. Now she has a family medical emergency. if she goes to Mexico to deal with this emergency does she jeopardize her permanent resident application?

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you filed any paperwork with the USCIS (U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services) yet?

Yes, all paperwork has been filed and fees paid. We had a personal meeting with the USCIS Office. They said all the paperwork is complete and they sent the file to the Department of State a year ago.

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?

We spoke to an Immigration lawyer before we started the process ourselves. He wanted a $3,500 fee, even though I am also a lawyer

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

. No discount for a brother lawyer

Lawyer's Assistant: After your first paid question, we offer a week's free trial membership when you can ask as many questions as you like.

We don't need to ask questions. We need someone who can move this along.

3/12/2018
Bill Attorney

Dear Customer ,

Thank You for posting your immigration law question this evening. I'm attorney Bill an experienced immigration lawyer assisting you this evening.

While your wife's green card application is pending she needs to apply for travel authorization so that her application won't be deemed as abandoned; this will allow her to renter the US and keep her current application.

She should file this application with USCIS:

https://www.uscis.gov/i-131

The entire process is explained further here:

https://www.uscis.gov/greencard/while-application-is-pending

We are here to help so please follow up with me as required.

In return remember to rate my answer and response positively this evening.

I' an independent legal expert and rely on your positive feedback to get a credit for my time.

You do this by rating 5*****, 4**** or better.

FIVE STARS or your rating is much appreciated as always.

Best

Attorney Bill

Bill Attorney
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Thank you.
How long does it take to get the travel authorization?

USCIS processes these applications in order of submission and they take a few months to process.

To receive an e-Notification when your Form I-131 has been accepted, complete Form G-1145, E-Notification of Application/Petition Acceptance and clip it to the front of your application.

Thank You for your positive rating today.

Attorney Bill

Bill Attorney
Bill Attorney
Bill Attorney, Lawyer