I am here reading about no trespass verbal warnings.

HI, I am here...

HI, I am here reading about no trespass verbal warnings

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

Indiana

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

No\

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

That is it

I am specifically interested in how long the verbal warning will last.
3/12/2018
legalgems
legalgems, Lawyer

Hello! I will be reviewing your question and posting a response momentarily; if you have any follow up questions please respond here. Thanks!

Is this regarding private or commercial property please?

A grocery store.

Thank you;

there is no expiration per se as to a verbal directive to remain off one's property. If a person enters property after they have been instructed not to that may give rise to criminal trespass pursuant to code 35-43-2-2 which is a class A misdemeanor.

If a person refuses to leave after being directed by the owner to do so that violates subsec 2 of the above statute.

If there are prior convictions for trespass on the same property it elevates subsequent offenses to a class D felony.

legalgems
legalgems, Lawyer
Hello, Thank you very much for your answer.