Husband and wife both sued as an individuals, do you need to…

Husband and wife both...

Husband and wife both sued as an individuals, do you need to file 2 separate response and pay two filing fee?

Lawyer's Assistant: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

California

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

No

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Yes q is can we file a joint response ( answer) and pay one filing fee?

3/12/2018
socrateaser, Lawyer

If you are each sued in your individual capacity, then you must each answer separately and that means two separate filing fees.

I realize that my answer may not be exactly what you were hoping to read. However, under the circumstances, the best that I can do is to explain what the law is and is not, so that you can avoid expending valuable resources looking for answers that do not exist, and concentrate on the options that are actually available.
Please let me know if my answer is helpful. And, thanks for using Justanswer!

I hope I've answered your question. Please let me know if you require further clarification. And, please provide a positive feedback rating for my answer (click 3, 4 or 5 stars) -- otherwise, Justanswer retains your entire payment, and I receive nothing for my efforts in your behalf. Note: If you cannot find the rating button on your webpage, please just type in your rating in a response to this note, and customer service will apply the rating for you.

Thanks again for using Justanswer!

it was good

Thanks for using Justanswer!

socrateaser, Lawyer