Is it illegal for a 16 year old and a 21 going to be 22 to…

Is it illegal for...

Is it illegal for a 16 year old and a 21 going to be 22 to be having sex?

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

PA. Parents are not consenting

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

No as we do not know. She is telling us the age of consent is 16. But can't there be other charges at least with like corruption of a minor?

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

He also has a record. We are not giving consent and I feel as though he is displaying sociopath tendencies

3/12/2018
Barrister, Attorney

Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney and will try my best to help with your situation. There may be a slight delay in my responses as I type out an answer or reply.

.

The age of consent in PA is 16 years old for voluntary sexual interactions. The age of consent is the minimum age at which an individual is considered legally old enough to consent to participation in sexual activity. However, Pennsylvania statutory rape law is violated the de-facto age of consent law in Pennsylvania is actually 18 (due to Pennsylvania's corruption of minors statute)

.

That means that while the law would allow 16 and 17 yr olds to engage in sex legally, neither could engage in sexual activity with someone over 18 or they could be charged with corruption of a minor.

.

So yes, it actually would be a violation of PA law for a 16 yr old to engage in sexual activity with a 21 yr old.

.

.

thanks

Thank you very much. I appreciate this

You are very welcome. Happy to help any time.

.

So legally if this might be occurring, you can threaten the 21 yr old with filing a formal criminal complaint and prosecuting if he doesn't go away and find someone else his own age..

.

It was my pleasure to work with you and help with your question. If you ever need me in the future, you can post a new question with "For Barrister" in the title and the JustAnswer employees will get it to me.

.

If you feel I have answered all your questions, I would very much appreciate a 5 star rating by clicking on the rating scale on your screen as that is the only way I receive credit for my work.

.

.

Thanks much

Barrister, Attorney

Hello again,

.

I just wanted to touch base with you and check in.

.

Did you have any further questions I can help with?

.

.

Thanks much

Not yet thank again so much for your help.

Thank you very much for the positive rating and generous bonus, it is greatly appreciated!