I helped my mom with a FSBO contract with her renters buying…

Hi, I helped my...

Hi, I helped my mom with a FSBO contract with her renters buying (actually it is the renters sister buying). I used the template from the title agency. It has been over a month and the buyer now not responding to emails. The language in the contract noted contingent on financing to be obtained within 30 days of effective date or by closing, whichever was sooner. 30 days last week Thursday. No other dates in the contract (my oversight). I believe the contract is now null as the 30 days has passed and appreciate a confirmation. Not sure if I need to send something certified mail nullifying the contract? I also then need to giver renters eviction. This has been going on since last December 2016 their trying to get financing. Thank you, ***** ***** for your counsel.

Lawyer's Assistant: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state the property is in?

Fl

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

No, just turned into title Amgen you and they have been asking for closing date.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

That’s it. Thank you

Answered in 1 minute by:
3/12/2018
INFOLAWYER, Attorney
Where there is no contingency and the buyer has failed to timely close the seller may cancel on that basis and on written notice to buyer via certified mail or as otherwise provided in the contract.Please let me know if the reply is acceptable by responding “yes” or “acceptable”
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Since there is no ‘otherwise’ in the contract it will be certified mail. Do I just say something like: due to the failure to secure and communicate financing for a timely close (30 days per the contract, the contract is now null. A new contract will need to be negotiated and approved to mover forward with this property. XYZ property will be placed on the public market for sale effective immediately.If something better to say, I appreciate the help with wording. Thank you again.
that works. I would only include mention of new contract if you are inclined to try again with them.Please select the 5 star (*****) rating on your page for the answer. That’s how I get paid by the site. Much appreciated!
INFOLAWYER, Attorney
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Thank you!
INFOLAWYER, Attorney