Is it common for an attorney to file a stipulation to the…

Customer Question
Is it common for...

Is it common for an attorney to file a stipulation to the court without letting their client read the final draft?

Lawyer's Assistant: Since laws vary from place to place, what state is this in?

Nevada

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Legal
3/11/2018
Lawyer: LegalKnowledge, Attorney replied 4 months ago
LegalKnowledge, Attorney

Hi! I will be the professional that will be helping you today. I look forward to providing you with information to help with your question and concern

Good afternoon. Did they speak with their client about this and did the client agree?

Sure we spoke about what was gong to be filed, but when the stipulation got filed they left out some details that were on a draft.

The attorney does not necessarily have to have the client proofread every motion that is filed or a stipulation BUT it certainly does need to reflect what was agreed to and spoken about, by the attorney and the client. I think there is an issue and the attorney needs to address why they left things out and if this was an accident or the attorney did it because they thought it was in the clients best interest. Even then, they would need to get the client to agree if they spoke about and discussed something different.

Please let me know if you have any follow up questions or need any clarification on something which I stated above. Also, remember to rate my service at the top of this page, before exiting the site, so I can receive credit for my help. I hope you found it to be 5 STARS! Only rate my answer when you are 100% satisfied. If you feel the need to click either of the two lower ratings to the left, please stop and reply to me. I want to make sure your experience with the site was as pleasurable as possible and that you are satisfied with the help I provided.

I just wanted to follow up and see if you had any other questions or needed me to clarify something. I am here to help, so please let me know. Thanks!