POA for my godmother along with another person. In the will…

Customer Question
Hi. I am Guardian...

Hi. I am Guardian and POA for my godmother along with another person. In the will he assisted in rewriting, with a lawyer, he is allowed to buy her unit for a value well below market value. She has been in a nursing home for a year and we are now required to sell it. The lawyer who assisted in writing the new will has agreed he can buy it at the low value, even though I had a Valuation done which values it for considerably more. I have agreed as he has said he has spoken to the main beneficiary and she says she is ok with it. I feel I have been manipulated and this is not in my godmother's best interest?

Lawyer's Assistant: Because real estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Sydney, NSW

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

Not sure what you mean? Last Friday we signed papers for the sale to him but I have been advised he has done this to other elderly ladies and it is happening very fast

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

When the will was rewritten, the other POA had a friend of his, who my godmother had known about 6 months, made POA, Guardian and Executor - for which she would have been paid $5000. I managed to get this changed.

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Legal
3/11/2018
Lawyer: INFOLAWYER, Attorney replied 4 months ago
INFOLAWYER, Attorney
You can seek to reverse the duress and fraud.A lawyer letter from a local lawyer can be effective in several ways. It can avoid costly litigation and help bring about a settlement. It also helps organize the claim and if it goes to court shows the judge you tried in good faith to resolve it!By being prepared and pressing your claim, the other side should feel the pressure and consider the risk of losing and legal fees. That realization can help bring about a settlement!You want to prepare your case by creating a time line starting from the earliest event. For each event, write down key details and witnesses and if there is a document that relates to it, save it and refer to it. This timeline can be very valuable in narrating your case and presenting it later in a concrete and specific way.martindale.com and findlaw.com are both excellent lookup directories. Both highly rated. Both used by lawyers. Easy to search and find local options.Please let me know if the reply is acceptable by responding “yes” or “acceptable”
Awaiting your reply, thank you!