If i only make 1100 a month and the cusodital parent makes…

if i only make 1100...
if i only make 1100 a month and the cusodital parent makes 6600 a month, how much do they really need for child support?
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
i do ALL of the transportation of the children. custodial will not do it. i see my children on a regular basis every other weekend and other special occasions.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
there are 2 children
Answered in 1 hour by:
3/11/2018
Sean K
Sean K, Lawyer

Hi, I’m Sean and I will be assisting you as an expert today. I’m an attorney with more than 20 years of experience. It is my goal to provide a solid overview of your situation. Whether the analysis is good or bad as to your matter, I want to make sure you understand any points you need and that you have options to better address the questions you have. If I am able, I will also provide you with some resources. Please note that the system, independent from me, may offer a phone call. You are not obligated to engage in a phone call, but I am happy to speak if you desire. This is completely up to you.

Illinois uses what is called an income share model for child support. This take into account your income, the other party's income and a some other factors such as health insurance coverage, day care expenses and extraordinary expenses.

If you look at just the income and no other add ons, the state of Illinois' child support calculator says that if the person with the $6600 income is the custodial parent that parent would be entitled to $253 as child support.

Now, does the parent need this? Perhaps not, but if you use the state calculator, this is what the child support would be.

In cases such as this, if you want to avoid the child support calculation figure, I always suggest approaching the other party, expressing the expenses you have and attempting to reach an agreement. If you can to this the Court will approve it.

Please note: This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. There is no specific course of action is proposed and no attorney-client relationship or privilege formed within this conversation.

If you have any follow up questions it would be my pleasure to answer them. As experts we only get credit for the time and effort we spend on our answers if you rate us positively - 5 stars is definitely appreciated but not required! There is no cost associated with you rating me and you can still ask follow up questions after rating me and I will respond.

One final point, there may be a delay between your question and my answer; this is because I'm either not at my computer or helping someone else but rest assured, if you ask, I will provide an answer. Thank you again.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Thank you

You are certainly welcome and 5 star review are always appreciated. You can also ask follow up questions after rating. Thanks again!

Sean K
Sean K, Lawyer
Sean K
Sean K
Sean K, Lawyer