I was on a dating site and have been talking to a guy who…

Hello. I was on...

Hello. I was on a dating site and have been talking to a guy who says " his organization saves women and children from sex slavery in 3rd world countries. He was born in Africa and states that his family was killed there when he was 15. He is headed out to a "mission" and says he needs me to send him money "so he can eat and survive" when I told him that I think this is a scam he got very angry. He says things like " stay safe" and " when I get back I will find you" I don't know what to do

Lawyer's Assistant: Because consumer protection law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

I am in Pa he "says" he lives in RI

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

No I have scared to do anything. I have two children and I am afraid he will find out that I told someone

Answered in 1 minute by:
3/11/2018
LegalKnowledge, Attorney

Hi! I will be the professional that will be helping you today. I look forward to providing you with information to help with your question and concern

Thank you

Good afternoon. Yes, this is likely a scam and a way to get money from you. These guys often prey on people like yourself and try and convince you that they are doing good for the world, when they are scammers and thieves. In a situation like this, walk away and ignore him. Block him if possible and report him to the site, so they can deactivate his account. Do not give him any money or information and he will move on to the next potential victim.

I told him I went to VA to see my Uncle who is very high up in the military. I told him my Uncle's name and contact info. My Uncle is waiting to see what he does. This did not scare him off. He keeps asking me for the money and says threatening comments.
I am afraid he can just look me up and find me.

You can certainly file a report with the FBI or Police and document this but I think he is trying to scare you into paying him. Even if you did give him money, he will ask for more, so reporting this to the authorities can be in your best interest.

Ok I will. Thank you.

You are welcome. Please let me know if there is anything else, as I would be happy to respond. If not, please remember to rate my help at this time at the top of this page, prior to leaving, so I can receive the proper credit, for our time together. A 5 STAR rating is greatly appreciated. Thank you.

LegalKnowledge, Attorney