We spoke w/an attorney 3 weeks ago, and he indicated he

Customer Question
We spoke w/an...

We spoke w/an attorney 3 weeks ago, and he indicated he would take our case and that first order of business is to execute an "engagement letter". We emailed after several days to remind him that we had not yet rec'd same! What period of time should we wait for engagement letter? Should just seek out another attorney?

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

NY

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

Yes, foreclosure summons

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

We are considering filing a partition suit

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Legal
3/11/2018
Lawyer: DanLegal, Lawyer replied 1 month ago
DanLegal
DanLegal, Lawyer

Hello my name is ***** ***** I am happy to help - I would recommend you finding a new attorney. Generally speaking an attorney will not start work on a case until the engagement letter is signed.

DanLegal
DanLegal
DanLegal, Lawyer