I was placed on a forced paid leave of absence so to

I was placed on...

I was placed on a forced paid leave of absence so to information revealing a felony conviction(s) from 18 years ago. I have been working at this credit union for 14 years and now am being told I must have NCUA approval before I can come back to work in any capacity. I never lied on any application and the people who hired me was aware of this conviction, however, this was before the written notice change came into effect in 2008. What should I do?

Lawyer's Assistant: What state is this in? And can you tell me a little more about the charge?

I live in Illinois and the charge is from Wisconsin...

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

No contest to theft by movable property... and issuance of worthless checks as well as uttering forgery

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I have not had anything on my record since this conviction and have been offered numerous promotions and raises as a result of my work. It doesn’t seem fair that they can now use this against me after almost 14 years of employment and over 16 years convicted.

3/12/2018
Edward Young

Hi. My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney. I would be happy to provide assistance. Please give me a few minutes to formulate a response. Also, please keep in mind that our conversation does not include an attorney-client relationship and this is for general information purposes only.

You need to consult an employment lawyer immediately. If you give me the city in Illinois where you live, I will refer you to highly rated lawyers who offer free consultations.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Chicago/ South Suburbs

I recommend that you see a lawyer. There is more going on here than a past criminal conviction. One of these highly rated lawyers in the Chicago area that offer free consultations will be able to sort it out for you:

Margaret Megan O’Malley tel(###) ###-#### http://www.ompc-law.com/

Craig Steven Mielke tel(###) ###-#### http://www.fmcolaw.com/

Alejandro Caffarelli tel(###) ###-#### http://www.caffarelli.com/

I hope this helps. Please go ahead and rate me. If you have any follow-up or clarification questions, please ask! There is no additional fee. If I have fully answered your question(s) to your satisfaction, I would appreciate you rating my service (hopefully Excellent/5 stars!) at the top of the screen. Otherwise, I receive no credit for assisting you. I thank you in advance for taking the time to provide me a positive rating! A BONUS is also appreciated if you feel I've earned one today.

Edward Young
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
No one from your list will return my call or are unreachable. This is pretty urgent and I would like to speak to an attorney as soon as possible.
Thanks

Ok, Let me see if I can find some more lawyers for you.

Try these lawyers:

Lori L. Deem tel(###) ###-#### http://www.outtengolden.com/lawyer-attorney/lori-l-deem

Ross Jeffrey Peters Tel(###) ###-#### http://www.rosspeterslaw.com/

Lori D. Ecker tel(###) ###-#### http://www.loriecker.com/

When you talk to these lawyers, just tell them the facts—that you worked at your job for 14 years and now things seem to be changing. Ask them for their advice.

Edward Young
Edward Young
Edward Young