I have a potential case being brought against me and I'm…

I have a potential...

I have a potential case being brought against me and I'm trying to determine if I need to seek a criminal lawyer

Lawyer's Assistant: Since laws vary from place to place, what state is this in?

New York

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

Not yet

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Just the facts of the potential charge

Answered in 1 minute by:
3/11/2018
DanLegal
DanLegal, Lawyer

Hello my name is ***** ***** What can I help you with today

Greetings. I have a potential rape by defraud case being brought against me in New York by several women I have had unprotected sex with. I'm trying to determine if they have a case and when I should seek legal representation.
What other details do you need?

What specifically are they saying you did? What evidence do they have?

They are saying that because I had a girlfriend and did not tell them about it I defrauded them into a relationship and sex. Additionally a few woman have had a bacterial infection but I have never tested positive for the same infection. They have text messages where I lied about being in a relationship with someone.

You not telling the women you do not have a girlfriend does not rise to the level of criminal misconduct. As long as you did not transfer a sexually transmitted disease to the women I do not see any basis for a criminal charge against you.

Okay. So if I don't test positive for it and they do am I "in the clear" so to speak?

That is correct - can you please rate my answer with 5 stars

DanLegal
DanLegal, Lawyer