I stayed at a hotel with my kids and two different rooms and…

Customer Question
I stayed at a...

I stayed at a hotel with my kids and two different rooms and it was ants everywhere in the bed with us all over the floor! In the bathroom I mean everywhere and I took videos and pictures a couple of the kids have bite marks on there arms and back! I told them to just throw all clothing items away!!

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

IL

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

I reported it to the hotel but they was very rude and nothing was done not even my money back for the room

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I just want to know is the hotel liable for this and we are out of town with NO clothes what can I do and also can I can the Health Department because they don’t have pest control coming so that mean they will rent these rooms out to other people! What can I do about any of this it’s very frustrating!!

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Legal
3/11/2018
Lawyer: DanLegal, Lawyer replied 3 months ago
DanLegal
DanLegal, Lawyer

Hello my name is ***** ***** I am happy to help today - Did you have to go to get medical aid for the bites?

We choose to just get cream because I didn’t want a Dr bill
I never got a answer and you want me to pay more money to call you? No not satisfied at all!! All you did was ask me a question!!

I'm sorry, the site will automatically request a phone call, it is not up to me to request that

I paid for an answer but all I gotten was another question!! Is there anything that can be done!!

Okay - thank you for the information. There are a few options open to you concerning this horrible event. I will start with filing a complaint with the better business bureau and you can chronicle the events that happened to you. Second, you can file a civil complaint in small claims court and take the hotel to court for their treatment of you, the money for the rooms, and any money spent on medicine to help your children. This option is obviously more time consuming, but the hotel would have to reimburse you for attorneys fees, out of pocket expenses, and the rooms.