We spoke w/an attorney 3 weeks ago, and he indicated he

Customer Question
We spoke w/an...

We spoke w/an attorney 3 weeks ago, and he indicated he would take our case and that first order of business is to execute an "engagement letter". We emailed after several days to remind him that we had not yet rec'd same! What period of time should we wait for engagement letter? Should just seek out another attorney?

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

NY

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

Yes, foreclosure summons

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

We are considering filing a partition suit

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Legal
3/11/2018
Lawyer: legalgems, Lawyer replied 5 months ago
legalgems
legalgems, Lawyer
Normally it is only a matter of days before the engagement letter is sent. It can be sent via email as well. One can contact the attorney or his or her office staff to find out when it may be expected. If inquiries go ignored one may seek a new attorney as that would indicate the attorney is not able or willing to take the case.

Hello; just checking in on the above.
If you have further questions please post here and I will do my best to get you the requested information.
Otherwise
kindly rate positively (hopefully you feel I have earned 5 stars) to help maintain my high customer satisfaction score and so I know you were satisfied with my services.

The above information is for educational purposes only. An attorney in one's jurisdiction can be located at https://www.americanbar.org/groups/legal_services/flh-home.html
Thank you.