Home Depot improperly installed siding on my house./. While…

Customer Question
Home Depot improperly installed...

Home Depot improperly installed siding on my house./. While I was in the hospital and not in the house 24 birds entered my attic and laid eggs. As we removed the nests it was noted that the siding was improperly installed and we had mold throughout the house. We were unable to live in the house from 23MAY17 to 31AUG17 when HD quit paying the motel bill. Work was completed on 5OCT17 but my infection control Doctor and My wife’s DR , she has COPD should not live in the house again. We destroyed all memory foam mattress and pillows, had the house inspected when siding was replace and HD contractor failed 5 times before the inspector passed them. We have the house on the market and have been forced to live in Myrtle Beach while repairs were made. We had to eat out ever meal from May to October and HD does not want to pay peridium. My wife and my two boxers lived in the hotel and our garage during the remediation . The company that did the remediation did not wear protective masks and clothing so I am not sure how good of a job they did. They cleaned to ducts in May and remediation was started in late June. We are still paying all house expenses as if we were living there. The whole back side of the house was not wrapped and none of the windows were properly sealed. I have logs and pictures of damage and repair work. We had an initial clothing cleaned which HD paid for but clothing downstairs was not cleaned but HD said the would pay for second bunch in writing but refused the 5000.00 bill when it came due. My wife, myself, and my boxer dog had the same infection caused by the mold in the house. Mold clean up is questionable and from what I have researched may hide in computer motors and walls for years and than reappear. That is why our Doctors said not to live in the house in writing. If we sell the house at the listed price we will lose almost 200,000 due to the location and improvements we mad prior to the mold discovery

Lawyer's Assistant: Because real estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Virginia

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

We cpntacted a lawyer in June but he has none nothing at all and has not returned our calls we are in Myrtle Beach and He is in Abingdon VA

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I have a lot of documentation and pictures of the improper work and reports of mold induced infections and mold removal. A good example of bad work is the ducts were cleaned in May and remidation was not started until late June. What happened to the mold in the house with the air handlers running all that time and the remidation company destroyed our furnituure by stacking it on top of each other’s when it stated the furniture should be removed cleaned and returned to the house after the remediation was complete but it sat in the house the whole time and the hepa filters were not used in the scrubbers that supposedly cleaned parts of the house.

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Legal
Answered in 1 minute by:
3/11/2018
Lawyer: Legal Eagle, Lawyer replied 3 months ago
Legal Eagle, Lawyer

Hello! I am a licensed attorney, admitted to practice in state and federal court. I have a nearly 100% satisfaction rating (click here for more info) so all that means is that you can count on me to help today.

Please keep in mind that our conversation does not include an attorney-client relationship and this is for general information purposes only. What specific questions did you have? I have an idea about your situation, but I don’t want to make any assumptions.