Looking for an attorney to help me with a roofer that did a…

Looking for an attorney...

Looking for an attorney to help me with a roofer that did a bad job on my roof

Lawyer's Assistant: Because employment law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Pennsylvania

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

No not yet tried to get roofer to pay for damages and repair that had to be done

Answered in 1 minute by:
3/11/2018
Loren, Attorney
Thank you for using JA. I am Loren, a licensed attorney for over 30 yrs., and I am here to help.
I am a certified expert on JustAnswer since 2009, with nearly 100% in satisfied customer ratings. So, we should be able to work through your problem.
I appreciate your patience as I review your question. I will post my response shortly.
This is general information and no attorney client relationship is established.
The site may ask you if you wish to speak by phone for an extra charge. Many find the phone call to be the easiest and fastest way to get the information they need without posting on a public forum. I am also happy to continue online.
There may be a slight delay in my replies as I am assisting other JA customers also. I will reply to your follow up questions.
WHILE WE ARE CHATTING DO NOT CLICK ON THE BUTTON TO REQUEST A SECOND OPINION. IT WILL LOCK ME OUT OF THE CHAT AND PREVENT ME FROM REPLYING TO YOU.
How much were the damages? What did the repairs cost?
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
damage inside of house was 2000.00 dollars it cost me 2300.00 for repairs the roofer did not do what was proposed and the whole roof might have to be replaced
Thank you for the additional information. Since the claim does not exceed $12,000, you can file in small claims court and save yourself some money. Small claims court is designed to be a "user friendly", simplified process, so that you can present a claim without an attorney. Also, it moves much more quickly than regular court. You can get the necessary forms to start from the clerk of the court.
Did you have further questions? Have I answered your question? Please let me know.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
you have been helpful thank you
You are very welcome.
If you have no further questions, and have not yet done so, please remember to leave a favorable rating (click 5 stars in the rating section on this page). It is the only way that I am credited by JustAnswer for answering your question.
There is no additional charge to you for rating me favorably.
A bonus is not expected, but is always appreciated.
Thank you for using JA.
Loren, Attorney
Loren, Attorney