What would be the most appropriate avenue as far as

What would be the...

What would be the most appropriate avenue as far as documentation for art work given to an organization?

Lawyer's Assistant: Because employment law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

The work was completed in Texas but will be sent to California

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

Not as of yet. Essentially the art work was created and I am trying to insure that the intended purposes are not changed. Essentially insurance on the piece so that no other individual can claim or deem ownership or make any type of profit. If the intent changes, they would need permission prior to proceeding

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I believe that is the gist of my concerns

3/11/2018

Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.

You would need a written agreement with the organization you are giving the art work to that states you are licensing them the rights to the artwork, but they do not own the rights, and that you reserve the right to revoke your license at any time the organization uses the pieces for purposes other than you intended them to be used. In your licensing agreement you can state that the organization cannot sell the works or transfer any rights nor can they make any profits from the works and any attempt to do so would automatically terminate the license agreement and the works must be returned to you as the owner.

Please do not forget to leave positive feedback by clicking on the 5 stars at the top of your page, as the experts are not employees of the site and get no credit for spending time with customers unless they leave positive feedback. Thank you.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Can this be something that is self drafted? Would I need it to be notarized?

Thank you for your reply.

It absolutely can be self drafted and it just needs to be signed by you and someone in authority at the organization, it does not have to be notarized.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Are there templates available for circumstances such as this?

Thank you for your reply

There are templates but they are fairly complex and you will need to modify them for your needs. See: http://www.lauracgeorge.com/wp-content/uploads/LicensingAgreementSample.pdf

or

http://www.lauracgeorge.com/wp-content/uploads/LicensingAgreementSample.pdf

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
That is great! Thank you for your help, very much appreciated

Thank you.

Law Educator, Esq., Attorney