We talked about Code Enforcement Captain could require me to…

Customer Question
We talked about Code Enforcement...
We talked about Code Enforcement Captain could require me to let additional housing inspectors and electrical inspectors in my house after he condemned it For not having water turned on, drywall, and garbage from vandalizism. But now Code Captain says he is not electrician or building inspector but he knows people need water to live and that he wanted house locked so no one hurt. But code Captain and housing inspector want me get a demolition permit else house will state in condemnation. Can I sue the County for condemning my house for not having county water on when captain stopped me from having the water on with the water authority and amazon was delivering water to the house and I was cleaning the trash from the house that the intruders had thrown in my house.
Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Legal
3/11/2018
Lawyer: Law Educator, Esq., Attorney replied 4 months ago

Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.

If the county improperly condemned your home and caused damage, your first step is to the code/zoning appeals board. If they do not remedy the situation, then yes, you have a right to sue code enforcement for the damages their improper and unlawful taking of your property caused contrary to your 4th amendment rights without due process.

Please do not forget to leave positive feedback by clicking on the 5 stars at the top of your page, as the experts are not employees of the site and get no credit for spending time with customers unless they leave positive feedback. Thank you.