If i won my case due to the defendant aka the landlord being…

if i won my case...
if i won my case due to the defendant aka the landlord being in default for lack of response etc but my lawyer failed to simply file the judgement of default with the clerk's office and in turn my original case was closed after i won apparently, and mind you i was not aware of anything this entire time and was never able to contact my lawyer nor have i still received contact from him, and in turn they filed a counter claim for $7000 and won due to my lawyer not showing or responding to the claim . i was placed in default and because my lawyer didn't respond again they won and the case was disposed. so your saying i have no options here being i never responded or showed due to lack of information from my lawyer and him not doing his paid duties of rep;lying to the courts and responding with appropriate forms etc , his job. do i just owe the money for the judgement now and i have not received anything on the judgement because again it all goes to my lawyer and i cant find him . Not to mention their judgement is for repairs to the home that were not due to me yet they have decided to apparently redo and replace things and i am being held accountable for it all because i was not given the fair opportunity to defend such and in my case they were wanting to settle with none of these repairs etc included but because they clearly see my lawyer is non responsive they cvounter sue for non existence issues caused by me.
3/11/2018

Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.

The problem is that your lawyer was negligent and committed malpractice, so that is who you have to pursue in court if you missed the date to appeal and his conduct caused you to have your opportunity to defend. A client's attorney's negligence is indeed attributed to the client, that is why they have legal malpractice claims to file against the attorney.

Please do not forget to leave positive feedback by clicking on the 5 stars at the top of your page, as the experts are not employees of the site and get no credit for spending time with customers unless they leave positive feedback. Thank you.

Ok so I. Need first find a lawyer that handles malpractice correct and also should I file a grievance with the state bar myself or wait until I have hired a new attorney would you suggest?

Thank you for your reply>

A grievance with the state bar is not going to get you any money on your claim or cure the problem, it just will get sanctions against the attorney. You need to get a malpractice attorney locally and sue the attorney who was negligent.

Ok great thank you so very much truly for your time and help.

Thank you very much.

I did rate you.

Thank you for your reply.

Actually, the rating just was done 12 March 2018 10:36AM. If you tried to do so before, it never went through. Thank you very much.