Thank you truly for your time and information regarding my…

Second opinion] Thank you...

Second opinion] Thank you truly for your time and information regarding my terrible unforseen situation .I went to the court and received all of my files $400 later, and this only gets worse.My original case was a landlord tenant case over an unsafe and inhabitable environment. I was the plaintiff and the company I rented from was the defendant. I moved in end of May 2016 and moved out October 2016 after a almost deadly asthma attack due to issue with the home and having am allergic reaction and just after is when the court proceedings started. Below is a brief description on the case leading to my mess currently and that my case was closed without knowing, I sad countersued and they won and I didn't know, and all due to my lawyer not Doing apparently what was asked, not showing for court nor myself bc I didn't know, and I bave not even been able to contact him nor will he reply with contact back to me.
Apparently the defendant was in default early last year after we were seen in the judges chambers and she denied their motion forcing us to settle and the judgment was in our favor settling the case, however, come to find out we were ordered to be in court and my lawyer never showed nor notified me even after the judge sent a letter stating her placement of default on defendant and denial of their motion and why, but then closed my I assume won by default case due to him simply not responding and filing with the clerk to place the default judgment... I have no words really and all this time I had no clue and was completely lied to while shelling out money etc. I was thenbi guess l put in default due to no response from My lawyer I'm seeing. There have been court dates many that I was unaware of. Apparently he settled with the opposing side in the beginning and I was unaware and so they counter claimed due to being upset I supposedly decided to go back on a verbal agreement between both counsels, again no idea this occurred. He didn't apparently provide what was asked although we provided it to him and he informed me he had done such. Last spoke to him in November when he said mediation was rescheduled but that January 24th he had to appear for a disposition but I didn't need to be there for it and he would let me know when the new date was for mediation before trial which apparently was set for March 2nd a year ago and come to find out my case closed early 2017 and would have won by default I assume and that I was placed in default and the counter claim with me as the defendant now was what the 24th was for and the supposed disposition was the judge disposing of their counter claim and granting the default judgment and awarding them $7,000+ I apparently owe now.HE is unreachable, office is sold, and he has a box of every ounce of beyond important and personal information for my self my parents abs my two minor children, over $9,000 has been paid to him plus no idea where the $2000 is that had to be placed in an account through the district Court etc.The judgment states in their favor with Prejudice. I am familiar that usually means not having the ability to appeal I beleive or reopen a case, is this true and do I have any options at all or is this just a terrible loss for me. Also this was a landlord tenant case in the regarding of trying to prove an unsafe and inhabital environment etc and I lost almost everything I owned along with my children prior to this court thing due to issues with the rented home.Can I appeal this as I was going to go file the motion tomorrow to get it started and know o yes need to obtain another lawyer moving forward If I am able to do so but wasn't sure if I even have any options or none at all at this point due to the time unknowingly to myself that has passed to even appeal or respond to the judgment etc or if I still can providing my reasoning for lack of response and not even showing up last year for my case itself?Thank you so very much.

Lawyer's Assistant: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

MICHIGAN

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

I had an entire case going in circuit court since 2016 but my lawyer lied to me appartently my case closed due to being put in default and i was counter sued and they won due to being put in default etc i never knew any of this and my lawyer wont contact me back and apparently sold his office etc

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

In my first message i explain most everything and need to know my options

3/11/2018

Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.

If the judgment was entered "with prejudice" that means that the case cannot be reopened I am afraid and the case is over. You can try to appeal if you were within the 30 day time to appeal, but if you are outside of that time, then your option would be that if the lawyer did not properly handle your case is you have to seek to sue the lawyer for malpractice and seek damages from your lawyer, since essentially your case is over.

The only way to open the case again is to prove fraud on the part of the other party (not your lawyer making mistakes or being negligent) or if you can prove you have been physically or mentally incapacitated as a reason for your non response.

If this was caused by your attorney's inaction, then you need to sue the lawyer for malpractice.

Please do not forget to leave positive feedback by clicking on the 5 stars at the top of your page, as the experts are not employees of the site and get no credit for spending time with customers unless they leave positive feedback. Thank you.