I need to consult with a Legal Expert schooled in the field…

Customer Question
I need to consult...

I need to consult with a Legal Expert schooled in the field of TRUSTS.

Lawyer's Assistant: Since estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Connecticut

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

No

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Is your Lawyer KNOWLEDGEABLE on TRUSTS?

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Legal
Answered in 1 minute by:
3/11/2018
Lawyer: legalgems, Lawyer replied 4 months ago
legalgems
legalgems, Lawyer

Hello! I will be reviewing your question and posting a response momentarily; if you have any follow up questions please respond here. Thanks!

Hello; what is your question please?

My sister an I own a business 50/50. We are the only Board Members. No President. We have S-Corp status. She hasn't paid a salary to either of us for five years, figuring I'll be depleted in savings so she can arrange for the Business to take a PROFIT of $800,000 which we would have an S-Corp tax liability of $400,000 each. She could afford it, I can't. She figures I will GIVE her my 50% share to avoid being financially destroyed. I was told that I could move my 50% into a Trust, and that ACTION would blow the S-Corp into a C-Corp, and the Business would pay it's own Taxes. IS THIS POSSIBLE ? That's my question.

I am going to opt out as that is more a matter of business law; please do not respond to this as that will delay another contributor from accessing your question. Thanks.