If a 17 yr leaves her home and goes to live somewhere else…

If a 17 yr...

If a 17 yr leaves her home and goes to live somewhere else that is a safe place is it legal

Lawyer's Assistant: Because real estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Iowa

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

No this is just a what if scenario

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Long story short said 17 yr was adopted doesn’t get along with adopted mother wants to live with bio mother

Answered in 1 minute by:
3/11/2018
Loren, Attorney
Thank you for using JA. I am Loren, a licensed attorney for over 30 yrs., and I am here to help.
I am a certified expert on JustAnswer since 2009, with nearly 100% in satisfied customer ratings. So, we should be able to work through your problem.
I appreciate your patience as I review your question. I will post my response shortly.
This is general information and no attorney client relationship is established.
The site may ask you if you wish to speak by phone for an extra charge. Many find the phone call to be the easiest and fastest way to get the information they need without posting on a public forum. I am also happy to continue online.
There may be a slight delay in my replies as I am assisting other JA customers also. I will reply to your follow up questions.
WHILE WE ARE CHATTING DO NOT CLICK ON THE BUTTON TO REQUEST A SECOND OPINION. IT WILL LOCK ME OUT OF THE CHAT AND PREVENT ME FROM REPLYING TO YOU.
Ok
Assuming there is no danger in allowing her to live with her bio mom, and she is given a POA temporary guardianship, the parents can consent to her living there.
It would only be a real legsl problem if it presented a danger to the child or was done without the permission or consent of the parents.
If (and only if) you are completely satisfied that your question is answered professionally and accurately, even if not the answer you were hoping to get, please remember to leave a favorable rating (click 5 stars in the rating section on this page). It is the only way that I am credited by JustAnswer for answering your question.
There is no additional charge to you for rating me favorably.
The adopted child’s mother is very controlling I doubt she would allow it if she just showed up with out us interfering with her arriving her could we get in trouble
In “trouble”? No.
But the bio mom would simply call the police and have the minor brought back to you as a runaway and you would be required to take her back in to your home while she is a minor.
The bio mom has no legal obligation take her in to her home.
She wanted to live with bio mom the adopted mom would be the issue
I’m married to bio mom
The adoptive mother could force the child’s return, but the adoptive mom would only have a legal issue if she hid the child from her adoptive mom or otherwise violated police or court order to return her.
If the police were never called, then there is not an issue.
that’s in the state of Iowa?
Ok thank you
You are very welcome.
If you have no further questions, and have not yet done so, please remember to leave a favorable rating (click 5 stars in the rating section on this page). It is the only way that I am credited by JustAnswer for answering your question.
A bonus is not expected, but is always appreciated.
Thank you for using JA.
Loren, Attorney