I am currently getting a divorce and my wife said that I can…

Customer Question
I am currently getting...

I am currently getting a divorce and my wife said that I can not conduct an auction for some land I own. It is currently up for sale.

Lawyer's Assistant: Because family law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Indiana

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

Yes she filed for divorce and is the relator for the land

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Legal
Answered in 1 minute by:
3/11/2018
Lawyer: legalgems, Lawyer replied 4 months ago
legalgems
legalgems, Lawyer

Hello! I will be reviewing your question and posting a response momentarily; if you have any follow up questions please respond here. Thanks!

During a divorce the court obtains jurisdiction over the property so that if one party wishes to sell and the other party does not, the party wishing to sell would be required to petition the court for an order to sell. It is also possible for one party to petition the court for the exclusive use and control of the property.
The court will divide marital property according to the terms of equitable distribution- a fair and just division, which may be equal depending on what the court determines to be fair.

The court may consider the following factors:

• Each spouse's contribution to the acquisition of property, whether those contributions produced income or not
  • The economic circumstances of each party
  • The income, or ability to earn income, of each party
  • Whether either spouse wasted marital assets
  • Whether it is desirable to award the marital home to the spouse who has primary custody of the couple's children, if any

Hello; just checking in on the above.
If you have further questions please post here and I will do my best to get you the requested information.
Otherwise
kindly rate positively (hopefully you feel I have earned 5 stars) to help maintain my high customer satisfaction score and so I know you were satisfied with my services.

The above information is for educational purposes only. An attorney in one's jurisdiction can be located at https://www.americanbar.org/groups/legal_services/flh-home.html
Thank you.