My son was pulled out of school hand cuffed in front of the…

Customer Question
My son was pulled...

My son was pulled out of school hand cuffed in front of the whole school his car seached they found nothing pulled over later the same day given a speeding ticket which does not have the speed he was supposed to be going on it the ticket was stuck in my house door a week later.

Lawyer's Assistant: Because traffic laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Village of walworth wi.

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

Not to my knowledge

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

They have a history of harrasing my son numerous stops and searches never finding anything stoping him riding his bicycle to the point he wont ride it in town anymore. his older sister has history of drug abuse (herion) and is currently incarcerated

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Legal
3/11/2018
Lawyer: Zoey, JD, Attorney replied 3 months ago
Zoey, JD
Zoey, JD, Attorney

I'm Zoey.

I've reviewed your post. What is it that you would like to know about this situation?

can the police pull him out of school hand cuff him search his car not find anything then pull him over later that same day write him a speeding ticket not put the speed he was going on the ticket deliverd a week later

Thanks for the reply. Please give me a few minutes to type up an answer.

sounds like harrasment to me

THe police can't pull him out of school and cuff and search him if they have no probable cause to believe that he's convicted a crime. They can stop him for speeding if, in fact, he was speeding.

But you're absolutely right. If they are repeatedly stopping him and searching him or pulling him over to stop and search him for no reason at all, this is police harassment and a violation of his civil rights.

You can report the officers to their superiors, to the chief of police, to Internal Affairs and to your state attorney general to try to get the officers' involved investigated and suspended or fired from the force. You could also hire a local civil rights attorney and sue the police for the violation of your sons' Constitutional rights.

Just checking in to see if you need more help or any clarification of my answer. If so, please reply here on this question thread.