Small claims question. I am from CT the person is from

small claims question Lawyer's...

small claims question

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

I am from CT the person is from Durant OK

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

Not yet my question is i have fb messages that person would pay me back but i need to know would that be enough to hold in court

Lawyer's Assistant: When we are ready I'll take you to the appropriate web page.

Huh?

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Its simple question that is all

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
3/11/2018
Ray, Lawyer

Hi and welcome to JA. Ray here to help you today.Please bear with me a few moments while I review your question and respond.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
can you call me with my question i don't have a smart phone just a old fashion smart phone
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
its just a simple question nothing

Contracts in Connecticut can be formed by formal documentation or through verbal agreements. Because contracts can be found or inferred by a Connecticut court through a variety of means and the potentially negative consequences for market actors in the context of breach or enforcement of the terms of a contract: market actors should remain ever aware of Connecticut contract law.

Any market actor entering into a contract in Connecticut should understand that if a conflict ensues over the validity of a contract—an oral contract will not be likely be upheld in a Connecticut court if the scope of the contract lasts more than one year.

Oral contracts with a duration lasting more than a year are generally barred from enforcement because Connecticut’s statute of frauds applies to oral contracts.

It can be a combination of oral , email, or anything else.

I appreciate the chance to help you today.Thanks

You can ask anything you want here, or another expert will call.

If you can positive rate 5 stars when we are done it is much appreciated.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
i am filling in Durant OK i want to know if the facebook messaging stating the person will pay me back would be held in court

Yes Oklahoma would recognize both written and verbal contract.You would have to prove it up in court to the judge by your testimony.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
good that is what i need to know should i fill in CT or OK

A contract is a mutual agreement, given for consideration,between two or more people, capable of contracting, for a lawfulpurpose. Each of these elements is important. "Mutualagreement" means that each party to the agreementunderstands the material terms of the agreement and that eachknows, or reasonably could know, the important factors andassumptions underlying the agreement.

"Capable of contracting" means that each party is oflegal age, and is not operating under any mental or legaldisability. A contract that is made where one of the parties isnot "capable of contracting" is said to be"voidable" by the disabled party. That means that forso long as the disability exists, the disabled party can"void" the contract, and demand back what that partygave, even if what the party got has been destroyed or consumed.

"For consideration" is explained below.

"Lawful purpose" means the goal(s) of the contractmay not be illegal, nor may the means necessary to achieve thegoal. Contracts for an illegal purpose are "void, and courtswill not enforce them, nor will courts order whatever was givento be returned. Gambling and prostitution are examples ofcontracts for illegal purpose in Oklahoma.

Sounds like you meet the requirements to enforce this as a contact.It is better in Oklahoma if they are located there.

A contract is valid if it satisfies all of the required elements.

It then becomes legally enforceable, meaning that the parties can be legally required to perform per the terms of the contract.

Should a party to the contract not perform per the terms or by deadlines set forth in the contract, they would be in default and could be legally required to perform or pay damages to the other parties.

I think this would be very enforceable here in Oklahoma.

Thanks again and thanks for rating 5 stars.

Self help and forms for Oklahoma Small Claims

https://oklaw.org/resource/small-claims-court

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
thank you for the help

You are so welcome have a great day and thanks for rating 5 stars.

Ray, Lawyer
Ray, Lawyer