I bought a car from a dealer and paid cash in full and did…

I bought a car...

I bought a car from a dealer and paid cash in full and did not receive a title in the state of colorado. is this ok?

Lawyer's Assistant: What state is this in? And how old is the car?

CO. and 2004

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

I dont know. he said he would send something off and id get the title later.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

It was at a place that says theyll be closing down so.on *soon

3/11/2018
legalgems
legalgems, Lawyer

Hello! I will be reviewing your question and posting a response momentarily; if you have any follow up questions please respond here. Thanks!

How long ago was the purchase? Was there a reason the dealer provided for not providing the title?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
My purchase was yesterday. He said that he’d send papers to the dmv and contact us to come pick up the title. He said the car was on consignment. He also used the insurance policy from my previous car to issue temp tags on a car I bought for my girlfriend

The terms of the contract will specify the parties' respective obligations.

Generally it provides that the dealer will forward the title paperwork for processing to the DMV. Once that is received the DMV will send the buyer a title complete notice which enables the owner to register the car.

In the interim the dealer typically provides temporary tags. Generally the title complete notice will be received at least 10 days before the temporary tags expire.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I shouldn’t worry?

Not generally at this point; around 2 weeks before the tags expire the DMV can be contacted to ensure the process was initiated.

legalgems
legalgems, Lawyer
legalgems
legalgems
legalgems, Lawyer