I own my home. A man has been living with me for several…

Customer Question
I own my home...

I own my home. A man has been living with me for several years. He has bone cancer & cirrosis of the liver. I need a restraining order against him. Will this get him out of my house?

Lawyer's Assistant: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Delaware

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

Not yet.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Just that i am afraid for my safety. The man threatened me with a frying pan twice tonight & has been cussing me out all night. He is extremely angry.

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Legal
It's now 6:34 a.m. Sunday morning. When I tried to clean up some trash that he created I discovered 2 empty bottles of Paul Mason. He's been drinking & takes a lot of medication. He just lays in his hospital bed, pooping & peeing. When i ask if he wants my help he just cusses at me. What do I do?
3/11/2018
Lawyer: LegalKnowledge, Attorney replied 4 months ago
LegalKnowledge, Attorney

Hi! I will be the professional that will be helping you today. I look forward to providing you with information to help with your question and concern

Good morning. Did you call the police and report the threats?

No. I just want him out. He's very sick.

Thank you. Yes, if he is making threats to you and you are in fear for your safety and think he may harm you, you can call the police and report this. Moreover, tomorrow, you can go to the court house in the county where you reside and try and file for the RO and if it is ordered, he would need to move the home. However, if he resides there and now you simply want him out, you may have to go through the eviction process to get him out, especially if he refuses to leave, per court order.

He does reside here but he is threatening me and hasn't left. Can i still get the RO?

Yes, you can apply for one tomorrow, when the court opens but now, need to call the police if you are in fear. They can respond and remove him and if there is a basis to charge, do so and arrest him. If this happens, a temporary one may be put in place, not allowing him to return, so it may be best to see if this can be done now.

Where would he go? He is very sick. He was drinking last night. I think i'll report it at the courthouse tomorrow. I'm tired of all the drama. Thanx.

That is up to him, as to where he would go, if ordered that he can not return. If you file for the RO tomorrow and it is granted, he has to leave, so the same issue will be present for him. If he is sick, he would need to go to the hospital or to get help.

I just wanted to follow up and see if you had any other questions or needed me to clarify something. I am here to help, so please let me know. Thanks!

Please let me know if you have any follow up questions or need any clarification on something which I stated above. Also, remember to rate my service at the top of this page, before exiting the site, so I can receive credit for my help. I hope you found it to be 5 STARS! Only rate my answer when you are 100% satisfied. If you feel the need to click either of the two lower ratings to the left, please stop and reply to me. I want to make sure your experience with the site was as pleasurable as possible and that you are satisfied with the help I provided.