Disclosed all criminal record information on application…

Disclosed all criminal record information...
Disclosed all criminal record information on application from charge in 2003. Application approved, lease signed, money has changed hands. Second on site manager calls threatening to terminate lease because of criminal record....Housing discrimination and breach of contract! I already was approved by another manager and moved possessions?? Stated to me the only reason was my record. Landlord should now be legally bound to this lease agreement?
Answered in 2 days by:
3/13/2018
Olivia Kent
Olivia Kent, Attorney

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. My name is ***** ***** I'm an attorney. Please note this site is for general information for educational purposes only and does not constitute legal advice. Communicating with an expert on this site does not establish an attorney-client relationship. You might be offered a phone call, but you are under no obligation to accept; the phone call requests don’t come from me - they’re offered by the site - but if you do want a phone call I’d be happy to do that as well.
.
Yes - you would be absolutely correct. If certain conditions were placed on whether you can get the apartment, once there is a valid contract for the apartment (meaning a lease agreement signed by both sides) it would be a breach of the contract to try to terminate it now - since you disclosed all of these things in advance of your acceptance! Please let me know if I've answered your question. If I have answered your question, if you wouldn't mind, could you please take a moment to submit a rating so that I receive credit for working with you. If you have any follow up questions I would be *happy* to answer them. Experts only get credit for the time and effort we spend on our answers if you rate positively - 5 stars is definitely appreciated but not required! It DOES NOT cost you anything at all to submit a rating; it just allows me to get credit for helping you - otherwise I get no credit at all. You CAN still ask follow up questions after rating. There may be a lag between your question and my answer; this is because I'm either not at my computer or helping someone else but I assure you I will ALWAYS come back and answer your question.

Olivia Kent
Olivia Kent, Attorney
Olivia Kent
Olivia Kent
Olivia Kent, Attorney