I feel like this is against the law. it appears to be

Customer Question
Https://www.gregabbott.com/yeti/ I feel like...

Https://www.gregabbott.com/yeti/ I feel like this is against the law. it appears to be bribing people for votes and I was under the impression that this is not legal or ethical.

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

Texas

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

I don't know. I found a door hanger on my door and I had just finished an election volunteer thing where I was told it was against the law to offer anything for a vote...then I got this...?

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Not really. I'm just wondering if this is legal or not. and if it is, can I offer stuff for my candidate to get votes?

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Legal
3/11/2018
Lawyer: Olivia Kent, Attorney replied 4 months ago
Olivia Kent
Olivia Kent, Attorney

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. My name is ***** ***** I'm an attorney. Please note this site is for general information for educational purposes only and does not constitute legal advice. Communicating with an expert on this site does not establish an attorney-client relationship. You might be offered a phone call, but you are under no obligation to accept; the phone call requests don’t come from me - they’re offered by the site - but if you do want a phone call I’d be happy to do that as well.
.
Are you asking if something hung on a door constitutes an incentive to vote a certain way?