Can i change my name on deed to my flip house? I have an ex…

Customer Question
Can i change my...

Can i change my name on deed to my flip house? I have an asshole ex contractor that assaulted someone so I fired him. now he's gotten a lawyer, my lawyer responded to him about the fact he assaulted someone and did shoddy and uncompleted work, and assaulted a consultant I brought in very badly- so bad we reported it to the police. I had the police escort him out. this was feb 4. he then got a lawyer, and now filed a pre lien notice.

Lawyer's Assistant: Because real estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

MS

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

I have gotten a third party report of his shoddy work and we filed a police report after the assault he went to an obnoxious lawyer, that hounded me- he's debt collector lawyer. i got a very good lawyer and we took the tack to cc the contractors dad on the letter as his dad was the owner of the co . and signed the contract tho i never met him . the contractor i worked with has no license and can't technically file a lien, but he can and it would cloud my title so i can't sell it.

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Legal
3/11/2018
Lawyer: Bruce Schreiber, Lawyer replied 4 months ago
Bruce Schreiber

Welcome & thank you for your question. I am the professional that will be assisting you. Any deed changes or transfer of the property AFTER the filing of the lien would NOT extinguish the lien. The grantee would take the property SUBJECT TO any pre-filed liens. Your best approach is to fight to have the lien extinguished due to the shoddy work, etc.

I have fought it, have a very good lawyer. however i'm in a time /money crunch, and need to sell the house asap. I could bond it off, right? and then deal with the bad contractor later?

Unfamiliar with the term "bond it off".

Do you have further questions?

Do you have further questions?