Almost a year ago I signed up for a membership with

Almost a year ago...

Almost a year ago I signed up for a membership with professionalli.com. They Charged me $3,000 for it with a money back guarantee. Because of unexpected life change circumstances I wasnt able to use the class. I have been trying to get in touch with them but the don,t answer calls. I would like to get AT LEAST a partial refund. I am wondering if they are bankrupt and, if so, what my recourse is? Maybe a lawsuit?

Lawyer's Assistant: What state is this in? And just to clarify, when was the purchase made?

State of WA. Purchase 03/29/17

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

I don't know. Not sure where to look.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Yes. This could turn into a hugh class action suit

3/10/2018
Attorney Wendy

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I am an attorney. I am currently reviewing your question and should have a response to you shortly.

The contact info for the company is: Natasha Shafapay
Senior Director of Enrollment ***@******.***
12100 N.E. 195th St. Suite# *****
Bothell, WA 98011
1.***-***-****

I am sorry you are having to deal with this issue. I am having some difficulty finding out more information about this company. They identify themselves on the website as Professional Li, LLC, but I can find no such company registered in Washington. Do you have a copy of the money back guarantee language you were provided when you signed up?

The first step in resolving this issue may be to send a letter with the dates of your charge/purchase, the reason for your inability to use the service/membership, your understanding that there was a money back guarantee and you assume that you are entitled to a full refund, having not used or participated in the training or class and providing your address for payment by check or authorizing them to refund the amount to the same credit card, assuming you used a credit card to charge, used for payment. If you did use a credit card, it may also - even though it has been a while - to contact their customer service to see if they can assist in getting a refund (some banks are better than others at helping their customers with issues like this). I would send any letter via certified mail, return receipt requested or some other method that tracks and confirms receipt. Be sure you letter sets a deadline for receipt of any refund and let's them know that if you do not receive a refund, you will be forced to take other legal action. I will continue to look for any corporate confirmation for them and their status and let you know if I find anything. I am also happy to provide more specific information if you are able to obtain the actual language with which they made the money back guarantee. I do hope this helps at this point.

If you need further assistance, please reply to this email. If I answered your question and provided excellent service, I would greatly appreciate your 5 star rating at this time.

Please note: This information is for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No course of action is being proposed and no attorney-client relationship or privilege has been formed as a result of this conversation.

TYVM!

You are very welcome. I will continue looking around for more information on the company and will let you know if I find anything helpful.

Attorney Wendy

Happy Friday. I haven't found anything helpful, but I just wanted to check in to see if there was anything more I can do to help answer you questions.