Is there a difference between a disability lawyer and a

Is there a difference...

Is there a difference between a disability lawyer and a regular lawyer?

Lawyer's Assistant: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Mass

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

No not yet

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I do have a regular lawyer right now for something I been working on for 4 years he's great but don't know if I need a different lawyer for ss

Answered in 1 minute by:
3/10/2018
INFOLAWYER, Attorney
Disability lawyer handles only such matters and is a specialist as opposed to a generalist.martindale.com and findlaw.com are both excellent lookup directories. Both highly rated. Both used by lawyers. Easy to search and find local options.Please let me know if the reply is acceptable by responding “yes” or “acceptable”
could you explain a little more would I stand a chance of loosing if I took a regular lawyer?
please respond.
RobertJDFL, Attorney

Good afternoon,

Different legal expert here as I see you have opted out your previous legal expert, and I have opted in.

Having handled many, many disability cases, I can tell you that much like any other area of law (criminal, family, real estate, etc) it is specialized and there is a lot of know. A disability attorney who works solely in this area of practice may be more familiar with what it takes to get a case approved or win a case in front of an administrative law judge at a hearing, if it comes to it, versus an attorney who does not handle these types of cases as the main focus of their practice, and may not be as skilled at it.

Please let me know if I may clarify anything or provide you with additional information.

thank you that helped a lot. :)

Of course, my pleasure to assist you. I sincerely ***** ***** opportunity. I would appreciate it, if at the end of our discussion (once you have no more questions) if you'd leave a positive rating for me by clicking on the stars at the top of the page so I am credited by the website today. Thank you very much. Of course, you can always reply back to me here after rating the answer, also, at no additional charge.

Have a good weekend!

RobertJDFL, Attorney