My older sister in a nursing home she can’t get bandages…

Customer Question
My older sister in...

My older sister in a nursing home she can’t get bandages changed or medication on time sometimes at all Nursing won’t admister eniema she gets constapation and ignoring her

Lawyer's Assistant: In what state did this occur?

California

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?

No sister is afraid of recourse

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

The cert nursing assist gives enima and changes bandages sister is quad patient crippled rom arthritis wheelchair

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Legal
3/10/2018
Lawyer: Attorney 1, Lawyer replied 1 month ago
Attorney 1
Attorney 1, Lawyer

Hello, and welcome. I am a licensed attorney and happy to assist.

I'm sorry to hear of the situation. Your sister deserves competent care and has a legal right to receive it. If the employees of the nursing home are not taking good care of your sister, she could or may already have physical problems, which could include bedsores, open wounds, infections, etc. I understand that your sister is afraid of retaliation, which unfortunately may be a legitimate concern if not handled properly. There is no harm in talking to a local attorney who handles nursing home negligence cases. Until the attorney is retained, the nursing home would never know. Once the attorney is retained, he or she would take the steps necessary to ensure your sister's safety, Including helping to move her to a new facility, if necessary, before initiating any action against this particular facility.

California has many skilled attorneys who handle nursing home negligence cases. A good referral source will be your county bar association. This is a specialty, and the Bar Association will be able to give you a list of attorneys to contact. There will be no charge for that referral and no cost for the initial consultation with the attorneys to whom you are referred. If an attorney takes the case, there will be no out-of-pocket fees or expenses to pay, either, so it's a win win situation.

Note that if you or your sister are not convinced the problem rises to the level of attorney intervention, it may help just to talk to the charge nurse or management team of the home to express your concerns. Often this lights the fire that leads to better care. When employees of the facility know that a family is involved, they often pay closer attention to the patient.

I hope this helps. If you need additional information or clarification, just let me know and I will continue to provide assistance. If I have answered your question, please remember to leave a positive rating where indicated. Five star ratings are especially appreciated.

Good luck!

Best,
Attorney 1

Attorney 1
Attorney 1
Attorney 1, Lawyer