I am a elderly woman with health issue my docter has type me…

Customer Question
I am a elderly...

I am a elderly woman with health issue my docter has type me a note for jugde expressing any out of state driving can i appear from the phone

Lawyer's Assistant: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

New jersey

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

Trial starts in three weeks an i am pro se

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Also can i renunciate my rights to my son even though the jugde has not declared a heirto now party

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Legal
3/10/2018
Lawyer: Attorney 1, Lawyer replied 4 months ago
Attorney 1
Attorney 1, Lawyer

Hello, and welcome. I am a licensed attorney and happy to assist.

Under the circumstances, you must first file a request for accommodations with the court, and attach the doctor's note. You can call the main number to your court and request to speak with the litigants' disability coordinator or person in charge of disability accommodation requests for pro per parties. That person will direct you to the form that needs to be filed and give you further instructions about the court's particular procedures, since every court is different. In all chords, this is a relatively simple process intended to help people with disabilities or limitations. Make sure in your request, you ask to appear by phone for all hearings and trial. If the request is granted, it's a done deal and you will not need to travel. However, you will not be allowed to substitute your son and will be responsible for arguing your own case when it comes time unless you bring in an attorney.

I hope this helps. If you need additional information or clarification, just let me know and I will continue to provide assistance. If I have answered your question, please remember to leave a positive rating where indicated, so I get a credit for the help provided. Five star ratings are especially appreciated.

Good luck!

Best,
Attorney 1

Please let me know if there is anything else I can do for you. I'm here to help.

If your question was fully answered, please take a moment to rate the response where indicated. Five star ratings are especially appreciated. Thank you.Best,Attorney 1