My vehicle was towed from my apartment complex for snow

My vehicle was towed...

My vehicle was towed from my apartment complex for snow removal and I didn't know. I now owe $525 to get it from the tow yard.

Lawyer's Assistant: What state is this in? And how old is the car?

Minnesota 2000

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

No, just found out an hour ago

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

My lease states I must move my vehicle for snow removal by the date posted near the entrance. I was on medical leave and didnt leave my apartment for 3 days. my vehicle was parked in the parking lot outside because the last notice posted stated the underground garage was closed at the time I parked it.

Answered in 1 day by:
3/11/2018
DanLegal
DanLegal, Lawyer

Hello my name is ***** ***** I am happy to help - what specifically do you need help with? If you have to pay the fee?

I had to pay $325 to get my vehicle out of the tow yard. Is there any recourse to get that money back? Was the tow even legal?

I am very sorry to hear about your situation, but unfortunately you will not be able to get that money back. Your lease specifically states that you have to move your car for snow removal. That means you were in violation of that aspect of the lease and you must face the penalty. However, I would contact your apartment manager and tell them your situation about the medical leave and how you were unable to move your car. Maybe they will give you a rent credit, but they do not have to.

I wish I had better news for you - Can you please rate my answer with 5 stars

DanLegal
DanLegal, Lawyer