I purchased a car from a dealership in july of 2017, I never…

I purchased a car...

I purchased a car from a dealership in july of 2017, I never received my plates and registration sticker, every month close to the expiration date I would have to call them ask what is going on and request a new temp tag. They continued to lie to me saying it was in process. Finally in February after i submitted a BBB complaint I got an answer, it turns out the car I bought used the dealership didn't have the old owners sign the title over to them. So they have been waiting on those signatures and they now want me to sign back dated paperwork so I can get my title and they offering me compensation, but when I am trying to get something in writing about the compensation they will not answer my calls or return them. this dealership operates across texas but the one I bought it from is closed now. I have had to pay out of pocket for several expenses because of this issue. It is now March of 2018 and I have nothing still

Lawyer's Assistant: What state is this in? And how old is the car?

Texas it is a 2017 jetta

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

I filed a complaint with the BBB and it is how I came to find out about the previous owners not signing the title

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I have spoke to the investigator in charge of this dealership with the state of texas

3/10/2018
DanLegal
DanLegal, Lawyer

Hello my name is ***** ***** I am happy to help - What did the investigator say? Have you filed a criminal complaint? What specifically can I help you with?

The investigator said that there is several complaints against that dealer Texas Direct Auto, owned by Vroom which has been laying off staff and now only operate 2 out of the 5 dealerships in Texas. He advised me to get something in writing to verify the compensation but ever since I have been trying to ask they will not return my calls or answer the phone. I have the business cell phone numbers of the head of titles department and the director of consumer relations. I have not filed a criminal complaint, I want to get some other advise as to per law can I make them buy back the car or can I take them to court im not sure what to do.

There are a few things you can do. First, I would file a criminal complaint so the police and their investigators can help you in getting information concerning your automobile. Second, I would continue to work with the investigator to get as much information as possible. Finally, Continue to try to get in writing or voicemail the compensation claims. You will be able to file a civil suit against the dealership for fraud. Filing in civil court will also allow you to get your attorney's fees reimbursed.

I hope that I answered your question and given you the next steps - can you please rate my answer with 5 stars

DanLegal
DanLegal, Lawyer