I was hoping you could help me. I am in CA now but the

Sir. I was hoping...

Sir. I was hoping you could help me

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

I am in CA now but the situation occurred in las vegas NV

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

Well I check the clark county record and it looks like an eviction case has been heard as is seems to be on my civil record My question pertains to can an individual be evicted from a location she or he no longer lives at especially if he or she has informed the leasing office of his departure prior to vacating the premises?

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I received an invoice and I wanted to know if an eviction is on my record how to expunge it ok so click continue?

3/10/2018
Barrister, Attorney

Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney and will try my best to help with your situation. There may be a slight delay in my responses as I type out an answer or reply.

.

Did you break a lease in NV or move out before your lease term was up without written consent from the landlord?

.

Were you ever served with a summons to go to court for the case?

.

.

thanks

No sir.My lease expired end of jan and I was paying month to month.It seems perhaps based on the Clark County court record that my summons my have been left on the door of my previous apartment in las vegas. I had been living in california since the beginning of feb.I did leave a forwarding address with one of the secrataries in the leasing office regarding my new address.
Sorry my lease expired in Nov not jan

Ok so did you give a written 30 day notice that you were ending your tenancy and leaving?

.

Did you owe any back rent when you left?

.

What I am getting at is that there is no legal reason to evict you if you complied with the lease terms, gave proper notice to terminate, and didn't owe them anything when you left..

Well I had no written documentation done with I had informed them in late nov that a job out of state will require me to move perhaps by the end of dec. That date was pushed to the beginning of feb. So that last weekend of jan I went to the office to let them know. It was at that point I signed some documentation.I had paid for every month but, they said I would owe feb. I said send the bill to my new address in california.I got the invoice yesterday and I saw eviction on it. So I went to the Clark county civil records to confirm my thought.I am willing to pay them what they feel they are owed. I am not ok with having an eviction on my record and having that affect my future.If I have no recourse to amend the record. How do I fix the Eviction on my record. Because seven years is too long of a time for something I will plan in full in short order.

Ok, it sounds like you didn't give a proper 30 day notice to terminate the tenancy... pushing back a move out date doesn't fix things... If you give a 30 day notice, you have to move out at the end of that 30 days or you have to start all over with a new 30 day notice if you stay longer..

.

With that said, if you were never served, you can file a motion to vacate the default judgment against you for violating your procedural due process rights to notice. You would have to go back to NV to file the motion, but if you have paid them and you are no longer there, they shouldn't care about setting aside the judgment and might not even show up.

.

.

thanks

once I pay them in full for the invoice I have just received, your recommendation would be to pursue that course of action?In any way once I pay them in full could they change the legal finding without me having to go to las vegas?May I also use this transcript for reference when I seek legal counsel to represent me in las vegas if they are unable or unwilling to fix that situation?

your recommendation would be to pursue that course of action?

.

Correct, that is the only way to get the judgment potentially vacated and removed from your civil record.

.

In any way once I pay them in full could they change the legal finding without me having to go to las vegas?
.

No, you actually have to file the motion to vacate in order to potentially change anything.

.

May I also use this transcript for reference when I seek legal counsel to represent me in las vegas if they are unable or unwilling to fix that situation?

.

Sure, when I want to save something for future use, I will copy and paste it into a Word document..

One last thing do you happen to know any good legal counsel in Las Vegas, NV to pursue further action on my behalf?Thank you again for your time and counsel.

Unfortunately, I am not allowed to represent customers from the site or recommend anyone personally under my agreement with JustAnswer. However, these are a couple sites that we attorneys actually use if we need local counsel in a state where we aren't licensed. Further, customers have consistently reported good results with these sites:

.

www.martindale.com

.

www.lawyers.com

.

They screen their attorneys based on geographic location, area of practice, time in practice, cost and customer reviews.

.

And you are very welcome. Happy to help any time.

.

It was my pleasure to work with you and help with your question. If you ever need me in the future, you can post a new question with "For Barrister" in the title and the JustAnswer employees will get it to me.

.

If you feel I have answered all your questions, I would very much appreciate a 5 star rating by clicking on the rating scale on your screen as that is the only way I receive credit for my work.

.

.

Thanks much

Barrister, Attorney