My son lives in Texas with me on a felony probation transfer…

My son lives in...

My son lives in Texas with me on a felony probation transfer from Wisconsin. Over the last 1 1/2 years of his 2 year probation he had 3 violations. 1 random drug test where he couldn’t pee in front if the officer and 2 that were too diluted. Wisconsin is retaking him but he has no where to stay or no means of transportation. Can we fight this?

Lawyer's Assistant: What state is this in? And can you tell me a little more about the charge?

We live in Texas and the charge was in 2015 in Wisconsin. The charge was narcotics possession (heroin) and bail jumping but he’s been clean since and was in jail there for 3 months.

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

The Texas probation officer said she reported the violation to Wisconsin and has emailed my son paperwork of who to report to in Wisconsin. She told me they want him back.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Just need to know if this is something we can stop, since he has no one to stay with. He’d be considered homeless and I’m fearful it would put him back with the people he used heroin with again. It’s not healthy for him to go back especially since he has 3 months of probation left.

3/10/2018
Edward Young

Hi. My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney. I would be happy to provide assistance. Please give me a few minutes to formulate a response. Also, please keep in mind that our conversation does not include an attorney-client relationship and this is for general information purposes only.

You need to consult a criminal lawyer immediately. Please tell me in what city in Texas you live so that I can recommend a quality criminal lawyer.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
McKinney. Collin County
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
This response tho doesn’t really answer my question. I’m aware I may need to discuss with a criminal attorney. I just need to know if this is something that can he can stop from happening.

Yes, they can stop it but you need to contact them as soon as possible. The longer you wait, the more difficult it will be. Here are some highly rated criminal defense lawyers near you. Please call them and ask for help in fighting the extradition to Wisconsin:

Todd Shapiro (###) ###-#### https://www.theshapirolawfirm.com (Plano)

Scott Edgett ***-***-**** http://www.edgettlawfirm.com (Plano)

***** ***** (###) ###-#### http://jeffkinglaw.com (Dallas)

Please tell them what you need and when you need it.

I hope this helps. Please go ahead and rate me. If you have any follow-up or clarification questions, please ask! There is no additional fee. If I have fully answered your question(s) to your satisfaction, I would appreciate you rating my service (hopefully Excellent/5 stars!) at the top of the screen. Otherwise, I receive no credit for assisting you. I thank you in advance for taking the time to provide me a positive rating! A BONUS is also appreciated if you feel I've earned one today.

Edward Young

Thank you so much for the 5-star rating! I know rating takes an additional step and I truly appreciate you taking the extra time! It's been my honor and privilege to help you with this. If I can help you in any way in the future, I'll be happy to help. For easy access, my bookmark is: https://www.justanswer.com/law/expert-visaspecialist/ Or, simply request “Edward only” in the first line of your question.

Edward Young
Edward Young
Edward Young