Is a verbal directive by patient in ?appointing a Health…

Is a verbal directive...

Is a verbal directive by patient in ?appointing a Health care rep/proxy during a medical emergency legally binding in state of pa?

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

I dont know ive asked more than once. The attending critical care nurse ask the questions to him and I was wondering name to be his decision maker and all Health matters if he was incompetent to do so. I believe she was filling the form out and she would have signed in place of him but I have not gotten the copy I've asked and I keep getting the runaround because they seem to want to maneuver the parents who are the ladies in bad health and get confused and to sign him into a nursing home and he's only 59 and did not want his parents even to come to the hospital. I cannot trust their judgment and become to confused and I'm afraid they're going to be pressured into something you shouldn't . And when I know he does not want.

Lawyer's Assistant: Since estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

State of Pennsylvania new boss of Lehigh Valley Hospital Cedar Crest. They were respecting his wishes in the beginning but now they've been behind my back and not giving me reports on him as if I don't exist. I have been engaged to him and live with him for 3 years I am 53 and I've known him since I was 17. His parents are both in bed hell and in the late 80s and his parents are both in bed hell and in the late 80s and the mother is in her 5th out of of

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I am concerned with their health I'm taking care of them while he's in critical care from a stroke and a heart attack they haven't told things that they were not even sure of yet after the brain surgery and they took it very hard I don't think this thing is straight and I'm worried that something might happen to them physically. I'm trying to protect them from unnecessary pain.

Answered in 1 hour by:
3/10/2018
Attorney2
Attorney2, Attorney

Welcome to JA and thank you for your question. I will be the Attorney that will be assisting you. A verbal directive would not hold up. Who was filing out a form?

Critical tramua nurse. They were not sure if he would live. She asked him who he would want to be his health representative/spokesperson and make any medical descion for him if he became incompetent 2 do so. He named me .. I was asked by the neurosurgen what I would want him 2 do if he (the patient) would crash? If he should let him die or try to recessate him. Why would they ask me if i didn't have a legal authority. From what I have read so far under the Pennsylvania law that it would be if the nurse sign as his proxy she was filling out the papers that she was asking these questions. You did not even want his parents there to visit in the hospital the first the doctors were coming to me talkin to me first and I was so we relate everything to the family and friends and make the decisions when he became incapable of doing so. We had discussed this very situation the week prior to this happening I was concerned for his health. I know what he would want and it's not being put in a home when we're not even sure what kind of physical shape he's in he already has been doing so much better then they told us he would. But after yesterday his parents had him so upset the nurses had to ask them to leave. He became very unresponsive and coloring looked bad and he actually for the first time looks like he had aged and maybe he's giving up. I do not need the negativity around him he's going to get any better I need to be able to do what's best for him and not what's convenient for them.

Thank you for the clarification. What did the nurse actually fill out? A written medical directive has certain requirements. That being said it is clear that he advised the hospital that he was giving his permission to you make these decisions on his behalf.

Attorney2
Attorney2, Attorney
Joycelaw
Joycelaw, Attorney
Phone call session started