A woman jumped out f my car while I was driving. I was

Customer Question
A woman jumped out...

A woman jumped out f my car while I was driving. I was allegedly O.U.I but was found innocent by a jury . Can I be suede ?

Lawyer's Assistant: What state is this in? And how old is the car?

MA Twelve years old.

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

Yes

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Yes, she told the police she could not remember what happened, she was really drunk.She had a metal rod put in her right arm from the fall .

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Legal
3/10/2018
Lawyer: LegalKnowledge, Attorney replied 4 months ago
LegalKnowledge, Attorney

Hi! I will be the professional that will be helping you today. I look forward to providing you with information to help with your question and concern

Good morning. Why did she jump out of a moving vehicle? You shared she was drunk and does not remember much?

We went to a restaurant for food and drinks . About ten minutes into it I realized she was already REALLY DRUNK .I paid the bill and left. When we were driving she asked where we were going. I said to another bar to keep her calm till she noticed we were about a mile from her house . She started yelling at me and opened the door . I told her to cut the shit and she kept it opened. Before I could slow down or anything she jumped. Police, fire and ambulance came almost immediately .
No
Thank you for the reply. In order for you to be sued and liable it would need to be shown that your actions were a cause of her actions or you did something to force her out of the car. If she was impaired and opened the door and voluntarily just jumped out and it was her fault it would be hard for her to sue you and show that you are liable.
The fact that you were found not guilty for the criminal offense does not prevent a civil lawsuit but if she jumped out on her own and through no fault of your own I can’t see her prevailing in a lawsuit against you.

I just wanted to follow up and see if you had any other questions or needed me to clarify something. I am here to help, so please let me know. Thanks!