I live in Illinois and signed an employment agreement with a…

Customer Question
I live in Illinois...

I live in Illinois and signed an employment agreement with a company in Colorado that said if I did not work for them for one year, I would reimburse them for the cost of training and a US security clearance. I signed the doc because I did not think it was legal in Illinois, but now they are threatening to put it into collection. What are my options?

Lawyer's Assistant: Because employment law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Illinois

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

No, I just have a letter from them

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Yes, how much does this service cost?

Lawyer's Assistant: It can cost anywhere from $10 to $100, depending on the type of issue and how much of the Lawyer's time your question is expected to take (how complex and lengthy an answer you require).

Ok

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Legal
3/10/2018
Lawyer: Alex J. Esq., Attorney at Law replied 4 months ago
Alex J. Esq.
Alex J. Esq., Attorney at Law

Hello. My name is Alex.

Thank you for your question.

I will be happy to provide you with information you are seeking for educational purposes only.

I am not permitted to tell JustAnswer.com what to do or say in their specific situation or list all of the legal rights / legal options that might potentially apply in any specific situation, as such legal advice can only be provided by your local attorney, upon review of your entire case.

I can however, provide you with a general answer, if you have a legal question for me?

Thank you.