I received a ticket and I just got a letter in the mail for…

I received a ticket...

I received a ticket and I just got a letter in the mail for a show cause order (deferred disposition). I hired a lawyer shortly after receiving the ticket and I was told I was granted deferred dispotion and that I had a fee of $150.00 to be paid by February 21st of this year. Which I complied and paid the $150.00 within the window of 30 days as mentioned by or before February 21st. I am unable to reach the court as it is Saturday and I just wanted to double check with a second opinion if this is something that I can just take care of by calling the court and asking if I owe any money and paying them. Or if it is something more than that since in the letter I received with a court date mentions “your failure to appear may result of a final judgement in this case and issuance of a capias pro fine for your arrest if there is any sum of money due and unpaid to the court”. If I paid what my lawyer had told me was the $150.00 why is the court sending me a letter I guess is why I’m asking. Since I tried to look up my ticket online through the city of Pasadena Texas database and it shows that no records indicate a ticket under my name?

Lawyer's Assistant: Because traffic laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Pasadena, Texas

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

Filed or reported? I’ve known the laywer for a while and used him in the past. He usually takes care of all the paperwork for me. So I’m not positive on exactly what you are asking if that makes sense.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I don’t think it should matter but I’ve a speeding violation prior to this one and it was also taken care of by the lawyer I hired and it was also dismissed by deferred disposition in the city of Santa Fe, Texas.

Answered in 1 minute by:
3/10/2018
Loren, Attorney

Thank you for using JA. I am Loren, a licensed attorney for over 30 yrs., and I am here to help.

I am a certified expert on JustAnswer since 2009, with nearly 100% in satisfied customer ratings. So, we should be able to work through your problem.

I appreciate your patience as I review your question. I will post my response shortly.

This is general information and no attorney client relationship is established.

The site may ask you if you wish to speak by phone for an extra charge. Many find the phone call to be the easiest and fastest way to get the information they need without posting on a public forum. I am also happy to continue online.

There may be a slight delay in my replies as I am assisting other JA customers also. I will reply to your follow up questions.

WHILE WE ARE CHATTING DO NOT CLICK ON THE BUTTON TO REQUEST A SECOND OPINION. IT WILL LOCK ME OUT OF THE CHAT AND PREVENT ME FROM REPLYING TO YOU.

This is really something you should contact the attorney about and let them track down the issue.

It is certainly possible that this is a computer error and your attorney will be able to identify the issue and correct if that is hat it is.

If it is an error by your attorney then that should also be addressed by them.

Either way, your first step should be to alert your attorney about the letter.

If (and only if) you are completely satisfied that your question is answered professionally and accurately, even if not the answer you were hoping to get, please remember to leave a favorable rating (click 5 stars in the rating section on this page). It is the only way that I am credited by JustAnswer for answering your question.

There is no additional charge to you for rating me favorably.

Loren, Attorney
Phone call session started
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
We spoke via telephone and Loren was very helpful in regards ***** ***** question!
Loren, Attorney