Paid off old credit card through debt collection. Now they…

Paid off old credit...

Paid off old credit card through debt collection. Now they want a larger amount for an affidavit for a loan pending. I haven’t applied for any loans

Lawyer's Assistant: What state is this in? And when did the issue begin?

Nebraska. Received the email Friday

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

No they said they were going to get court papers if it’s not paid

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

That’s all

3/10/2018
Loren, Attorney
Thank you for using JA. I am Loren, a licensed attorney for over 30 yrs., and I am here to help.
I am a certified expert on JustAnswer since 2009, with nearly 100% in satisfied customer ratings. So, we should be able to work through your problem.
I appreciate your patience as I review your question. I will post my response shortly.
This is general information and no attorney client relationship is established.
The site may ask you if you wish to speak by phone for an extra charge. Many find the phone call to be the easiest and fastest way to get the information they need without posting on a public forum. I am also happy to continue online.
There may be a slight delay in my replies as I am assisting other JA customers also. I will reply to your follow up questions.
WHILE WE ARE CHATTING DO NOT CLICK ON THE BUTTON TO REQUEST A SECOND OPINION. IT WILL LOCK ME OUT OF THE CHAT AND PREVENT ME FROM REPLYING TO YOU.
When you paid off the card was it for less than actually owed? Was this a negotiated settlement?
Did you have a written payment or settlement agreement signed by the creditor?
Did you receive a release from the creditor?
It was through an email. Paid in full No signed papers
Why do they claim you owe more now?
Also, how old was the credit card debt? Was it a debt you recalled owing?
Are you online with me?
I just arrived at work credit card several years old would like to call after work
Ok. When is that?
Work until 210 pm central time
Ok. Let me know when you want to speak.
ok
Look forward to assisting you later.
Loren, Attorney
Joycelaw
Joycelaw, Attorney
Phone call session started
sent information no help response

The call was picked up by another expert.